Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Why did the moose cross the road?

Rebekah forgot to mention it in her post, but last Tuesday we were in our very first earthquake. You know when the wind blows really hard and shakes the windows for a second? Well, we were sitting in the car dealership next to a wall of windows and all of a sudden there was a fairly loud noise and brief shaking that felt and sounded to me like a strong gust of wind. Afterwards though, everyone started calling friends or family saying, "Did you feel it? That was a big one!" It ended up being a 4.6 on the Richter scale.

We also saw our first moose this morning on the way to work. It snowed last night and so everything was white and the roads were kind of icy. We were stopped at a red light when in my rear view mirror I thought I saw a horse crossing the road and thought it was weird, so I turned around and there were two moose crossing the busy 5 lanes. I'm sure those won't be the last moose we see on the roadways.

Well more from Anchorage soon...

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment